September 25, 2016 · 10:31
We had our fundraiser/going away dinner/silent auction tonight! We had a good turnout (almost 90) and sold quite a bit of stuff. We don’t know how much was donated… we will receive that total sometime next week. I know that we had already received about $2000 before the dinner.
Many family members came, and afterward they sang, “The Lord Bless You and Keep You.”
Very tired, but feeling very blessed!
September 22, 2016 · 08:38
It’s easy to say, but “keep calm” is hard to do sometime.
We praise God that this time, our transition time hasn’t been plagued with issues, as it was last year. Things have been very, very busy, but we don’t feel like Satan is throwing something in our way every day or so. Pray for us that this continues. We are terribly busy, we don’t need frustrations to go along with the busy part.
We have the container nearly ready to go. Since we have room, we’re packaging up some additional stuff that we weren’t able to get rid of (and we think would be useful), to go into the container.
Our big fundraiser (hosted by White Station church of Christ) is this coming Saturday evening. If you’re coming, we will be very happy to see you. If you can’t come, feel free to bid on the items in our Silent Auction. You can see it all online, and you can bid online as well. The form is at the bottom of the page.
After that, it’s just a matter of wrapping things up here, and getting ourselves ready to go.
September 5, 2016 · 21:17
The picture says it all! Right now, we’re focused on getting on an aircraft in one month.
If you want to help, there are several things you can do.
- Pray for us. Seriously. We really need your prayers. Satan often makes life difficult for people who are doing God’s will.
- Come to our Fundraiser/Going Away dinner on September 24th. If you plan to come, please RSVP at our church office by phone (901-761-2007) or email
- Even if you can’t come, you can bid on items in our Silent Auction
- If you’re in the Memphis area, come help us for part of a day. You might end up mowing lawns or installing windows, or carrying off boxes of stuff.
- If you know someone who has a loading dock in Memphis we could use for a weekend, please let me know. And maybe a frame for hauling a 20-foot container. And a highway tractor…
- And remember: pray for us.